Sunday, October 18, 2009

Catch Up

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I blogged. It has been so crazy, busy. So much has happened in the last month, became a Daisy troop leader, grandparent's breakfast at school, quick vacation weekend, burned my hand (3rd degree on my fingers), celebrated Nana's 85th birthday and soccer season has begun.

I volunteered to be Sarah's Daisy Troop Leader. We've had three meetings and they've gone well. I'm still learning alot and have to attend a bunch of training and meetings. I feel like this has become another full time job. We had to do nut/candy sales and the girls raised over $200. Sarah sold 66 items. The fun part is going to be picking up the product and distributing it to all the girls.

Sarah's school at had grandparents breakfast. Grandma, Mr. Bob and Nana came and had breakfast with Sarah. Grandma came to realize that Sarah was more interested in talking to her friends then visiting with her and Nana. It's already started, Sarah would rather be with her friends than with her family. Guess I was hoping we had another couple of years before that happened.

We didn't take a family vacation this summer, the summer just got away from us. So we decided to go to a dude ranch in Bandera for a weekend. Bandera is about 45 minutes from us. We went up on Friday night and stayed until Sunday afternoon. It was quick trip but we had fun. I forgot the charger on for my digital camera so I had to buy a disposal camera and boy did I miss my digital camera. I haven't gotten the film developed yet.


The Flying L Ranch is where we went. We haven't been there is like 10 years and boy has the place changed.


Sarah had fun riding a pony. She wasn't old enough to go horseback riding.


Our beautiful girl at breakfast. I'll post more pictures and finish catching up on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment